Most of us clean our homes on a regular basis, taking time out of our busy schedules to do the vacuuming and the dusting. But how many of us do a spiritual or energy clean. Even if we do, it’s probably not as often as we should. Our living space is like a sponge, absorbing all sorts of negative or stagnant energy. This energy can accumulate in the corners or behind the sofa. Once you have done a spiritual or energy cleansing of your space it will feel so much lighter and brighter.
Lets look at what can cause us to have negative energy in the home in the first place:
- Too much clutter
- Arguments in the home
- Relationship Breakups
- Second hand furniture
- Someone in the family with depression or mood swings
- Teenagers living at home
- Other people bringing it in with them when visiting
Now lets look at what you need to gather before you begin
- Sea salt
- White Sage
- White candle
- Blessed Water such as Crystal Cleansing Mist or House Blessings Mist
- Tingsha Bells, a Singing Bowl or a Shamanic Drum
Before you start, call in all your guides to help you. If you are unaware of who your guides are, don’t worry. If you call upon them, they will be there, no matter if you cannot see or feel them at this stage.
How to start the Spiritual Cleanse
- Sprinkle sea salt in every room and leave over night if possible. This will start to absorb any negative energy.
- Start at the front door and sprinkle the salt as you walk slowly throughout the house. as you sprinkle, set your intent that the salt will remove any energies that are no longer conducive to healthy living.
- You may wish to say a prayer or some words of your own as you sprinkle the salt.
- An example may be “I call upon the guardians of the north and the earth elements to banish all negative and unwanted energies. I ask that you replace them with love, light, prosperity and kindness”.
- Leave over night if possible or for at least 6 hours
- Light some White Sage and waft the smoke of the White Sage all over the house making sure you go in every corner, behind sofa’s etc.
- Again start at the front door and follow the same route as you did with the sea salt.
- Visualize a light breeze flowing freely throughout your home
- You may wish to say your own prayer or some kind words that you feel are appropriate.
- An example may be ” I call upon the guardians of the east to bring with them the element of air, bringing in new beginnings, fresh ideas and clarity of mind. Please take away any stagnant energy, allowing it to now flow freely throughout my home”
- Light some white sage incense or some nag champa and allow it to burn in an ash catcher or smoke box.
- Light a white candle and walk throughout your home with it visualizing light entering your home.
- Start at the front door again and following the same route around your home.
- You may wish to say your own prayer again or some kind words of your own that you feel are appropriate.
- An example may be ” I call upon the guardians of the south bringing with them the element of fire and the light from the sun. Fill my home with light so that no darkness can survive. Fill us with courage, strength and passion. May anyone who is not of the light be driven out of my home. RIGHT NOW!”
- Visualize your whole house now flooded in white light in every room. Fill the walls, corners, windows, doorframes, loft, room, plugs, drains, everywhere where there is an opening to your home with bright white light – sealing all those wonderful energies into your home and to keep any negative energies out.
- Sprinkle some blessed water or spray the Crystal Cleansing Mist or House Blessings mist throughout your home.
- Start at your front door and follow the same route around your home
- You may wish to say a prayer or some kind spoken words of your own
- An example may be “I call upon the guardians of the west to bring with them the element of water. Bring love, harmony and happiness into my home and wash away any residue that may be lingering in my home.
- Then use a set of Tingsha bells, a singing bowl or a shamanic drum to raise the vibrations within the home.
- Start at the front door as previous and follow the same route around your home for the last time.
- There is on need to say anything this time, just observe the feelings within your home. Be aware of the light, be aware of the new breath and new life within your home, be aware of the good stable feeling, the joy, the contented sighs and the love.
- If you are Reiki Trained, follow the same route around your home putting in all three symbols into the centre of each room.
- Draw a pentagram on all windows and doors to ensure nothing gets past or into your home that is not welcome. (if you are not sure how to draw a pentagram, this will be featured in a later blog post)
- Position crystals within your home.
Once you have completed your house blessing, it might be nice to send thoughts out to any friends or relatives in the spirit world that you would still like to be around you, asking them to become regular visitors to your new home, and that they may keep a helpful and loving eye on you, and help keep any rogue spirits out.
Lastly. Thank you guides for their help today and release them back into the light with your blessings.
Namaste! (Means, the divine in me honours and respects the divine in you)